Russian double-tap drone strike kills 15 in Ukrainian mall, officials say
At least 15 people have been killed in a Russian double-tap drone strike on a shopping centre in the central Ukrainian city of Kryvyi Rih, local officials have said. Another 130 people - including 2โฆ
At least 15 people have been killed in a Russian double-tap drone strike on a shopping centre in the central Ukrainian city of Kryvyi Rih, local officials have said.
Another 130 people - including 23 children - were injured in the city's biggest mall. More people are also reported to be trapped in the rubble.
President Volodymyr Zelensky said the "absolutely cynical and despicable" daytime attack in his home town was carried out in "two waves", with the second strike targeting emergency workers at the scene.
Dramatic footage verified by the BBC shows the second drone hitting the already burning shopping centre in the Dnipropetrovsk region. Russia's military has not commented.
Dnipropetrovsk regional head Oleksandr Hanzha said on Friday evening that there were now 15 confirmed fatalities, including two people who died later in hospital.
He said that 130 people were injured, including 29 who were in a serious condition. There are fears the death toll would rise further.
Rescuers teams from four other Ukrainian regions are being urgently deployed to help search for survivors.
Earlier in the day, Kryvyi Rih Mayor Oleksandr Vilkul said the Russian drones were flying at "extremely low altitudes", describing the attackers as "animals".
Read Full Story at BBC World News โ


